One to One Alignment Coaching
So, you’ve already tried exercise classes, physiotherapy, chiropractors and even Pilates but you still have that knee problem or those tight hamstrings, or that recurring injury?
Are you ready for a long-term solution instead of forever chasing the quick fix?
Great, because that’s what we’re talking about, a long-term solution to the health of your whole body!
I have worked with hundreds of bodies that have been compromised by life, injury, bad movement habits and poor posture. It’s time to take control, rediscover your mobility and natural strength, and develop a STRONG and STABLE CORE in a body that will move well for your whole life.
You will learn not only HOW to move, but to move BETTER, with more intelligence, rather than blindly following the next fad in the hope of achieving a different result. The results and the knowledge you gain will last FOREVER.
This course is for you if you experience any of the following:
- A weak core
- Reduced flexibility, strength, balance or mobility as you age.
- A feeling of stiffness in your joints after rest.
- Niggling aches and pains that you can’t seem to shift.
- Abdominal separation (diastasis recti)
- Haemorrhoids, hernia or prolapse
- Pelvic floor dysfunction.
- Lower back pain.
- Urinary incontinence.
- Knee, shoulder or other joint issues.
- Foot problems including bunions, plantar fasciitis, heel pain etc.
- An inability to do the movements or play the sports you once did and a desire to change that.
This is a whole body approach. There’s no high impact, hardcore ‘exercise’ involved. In fact, I am actively going to encourage you to reduce how much you ‘exercise’ and increase how much you ‘MOVE’. Yes, there is a difference.
You will learn movements that are designed to provide your body with a positive experience, training your central nervous system to come back to good alignment and to re-awaken muscles long underused. Movements that will encourage your body to release restrictions, lengthen muscles and ALLOW your body to adapt back to its natural and preferred state – a body that moves well and is fit and healthy. This is all achieved by ensuring the best possible alignment and balancing the body front to back and side to side.
Using some Pilates and a biomechanical/alignment and mindful approach, you will learn to:
- Change your movement habits.
- Use those new habits in day to day life for whole body healing 24 hours a day.
You may feel like you’ve had a workout, but you will be safe and throughout you will be re-educating and retraining your entire body.
DURING THE COURSE WE WILL FOCUS ON:
- Alignment (this is similar to posture, but is how things are actually working, rather than just how they look from the outside).
- Breathing. We might spend all day doing it, but many of us could be doing it better and reaping the rewards.
- Habits/lifestyle modifications. Changing the way you habitually move can work wonders for reducing pain and improving strength and flexibility.
- Exercises to help your body find and stay in good alignment. Exercises which you can do in class and in your own time with video and written support.
The Redefine Possible Programme will help you press the reset button on your current state of wellbeing and provide you with the tools, the knowledge and most importantly the confidence to create huge changes in your overall health and fitness – your patience and commitment are the only requirements.
Details & Cost
Typically we start with a 90 minute individual biomechanical and movement based assessment so that we both know where your body and movement is up to right now. Any issues that you have can be addressed. The cost of this session is £75 and will include an initial online movement questionnaire, the assessment itself and full follow up report and tailored recommendations. More importantly it allows me to better understand you and your body so that I can tailor future sessions effectively.
- Online Movement Questionnaire for completion prior to session.
- Full assessment.
- Follow up report.
- Tailored recommendations.
- Corrective exercise and advice where appropriate.
During our sessions together we will address the concept of whole body alignment. No one part of your body exists in a vacuum. You may have a shoulder issue or a knee issue, or a pelvic floor issue, but the solution to these is often to be found by addressing your whole body: how you move, how you sit, how often you sit and, most importantly, addressing your movement habits. Body alignment is the key to ensuring your movement is the best it can be. If you’re aligned and you move well and often then many ailments or injuries that you experience will begin to decrease. I will use the information from your Movement Questionnaires and your Assessment to tailor your alignment classes.
- Regular sessions – these are often bi-weekly or monthly or longer depending on how much you are comfortable doing at home.
- Follow up information and exercise sheets.
- Alignment videos you can follow at home.
- Homeplay (similar to homework only better) to complete between classes.
This is the meaty part of the sessions. By now you’re aware of how your body currently moves, you know what your alignment points are and you’re starting to make some changes to your movement habits. So now we move on to stabilising your new alignment by rediscovering your core, how it works, when it shouldn’t be working and how to release any muscular tension that may be affecting your ability to use your core muscles effectively. How quickly we get to this section depends entirely on how quickly your body adapts to changing your alignment and posture and how much effort you put in at home.
These ongoing sessions are for anyone who would like to continue their practice under supervision at the studio. You should be well on your way to moving better and perhaps you now attend one or two classes a week or have started moving more at home and find you’re making progress without regular input from your teacher.
The Initial Assessment is £75.00. This includes the prep work going through the questionnaire, the 90 minute assessment and the work involved in the follow up report and recommendations.
Each one hour session thereafter is £45-£60 depending on frequency and complexity.
These sessions are designed around you as an individual. Please contact Kelly for availability and to discuss your requirements.