Specialist Biomechanics CoachingProgrammes to help you Move More Freely
How can we help?
- Recurrent Injury If you have a recurrent injury, a Biomechanics Coach will be able to determine whether there are any biomechanical problems that may be causing it to occur repeatedly; a series of exercises would then be prescribed to help minimise the risk of recurrence.
- Pain when exercising If you experience pain when running, sitting at a desk or working in the gym, a Biomechanics Coach can establish whether that pain has a biomechanical cause and prescribe remedial exercises; however, Biomechanics Coaches would not diagnose or treat injuries unless they have a therapy or medical qualification.
- Optimal performance If you are unable to perform a particular sporting or physical task, and there is no obvious solution, a Biomechanics Coach’s role is to advise if the cause is biomechanical in nature, and then prescribe corrective exercises for strength conditioning.
Do you need a Biomechanics coach?
- Do you want to move more freely?
- Do you want to accelerate your fitness results?
- Do you find training hard due to a past injury?
- Do you think a programme to help with back pain would be beneficial?
- Do you think your current exercise programme is missing something?
A Biomechanics programme can:
- Prevent recurrent injury
- Reduce the risk of injury
- Manage back pain
- Improve performance
How does it Work?
The programme starts with an initial assessment to establish if there are any anomalies with your biomechanics. We do this by firstly having a look at your posture then taking you through a series of simple tests to assess your joints and muscles. We need to know if these are working together, as any extrinsic or intrinsic biomechanical imbalances can have a profound effect on movement patterns and on how efficiently an activity is performed. Biomechanical imbalances can cause stiffness, weakness, pain and can eventually lead to injury.
During the session we will want to know a little bit about you and your lifestyle – bearing in mind that many of us are putting pressure and stresses throughout our body that we just can’t cope with. It is useful to know if you are say an office worker, on a production line or an athlete – is your hobby gardening or do you you sit at a computer for any length of time. We will also be interested in your general health and fitness – this will help us to establish an effective way forward for you.
At the end of the assessment we will discuss with you any biomechanics problems that we may have found and if there is a way that we can reduce or eliminate these problems. We will discuss with you a possible programme of biomechanics coaching that you can fit into your daily life.